for press + bloggers
NOTE TO BLOGGERS AND PODCASTERS: The below page is for mainstream press but I also do interviews for blogs or podcasts if there’s a good fit. If you’re a blogger, click here for more info.
Media profile + publications
Expert topics (examples)
Free Range is the new career change. This alternative to corporate life strikes a chord with stressed out professionals who are becoming more disillusioned with ‘jobs’ in this insecure economy and are dreaming of making a (good) living without an office or a boss, getting paid to do something they love, on their terms.
Often these are people who have ‘done the right thing’ and followed a ‘good career’ path to date but are craving more time, freedom and fulfilment. The freedom to decide how you spend your days appeals to couples, singles, parents with ages of the free range tribe ranging from mid 20s to late 60s!
I can provide an expert opinion (from the UK and the US) on this growing trend and the people behind it.
I also spent 5 years as a full time world traveller running my business from my backpack and I’m happy to talk about how that works.
Examples of potential interview topics include:
- Standing out from the crowd in a crowded market
- How to make money online (eg: blogging)
- Ex-city professionals who escape the corporate cage to travel the world
- Setting up a business for under £100
- What to do when you want to do everything
- Making a change once you’re established and have a measure of success (aka the “can I just give this up?” question)
- Personality and business or careers
- Portfolio careers – what they are and how to manage them
- Location independent businesses and lives (ie: how to work from a beach in Bali)
I know case studies are important so you are welcome to ask about my own career cage escape or my location independent lifestyle (details here). I also have access to people with their own interesting stories to tell.
For any press enquiries, email media [at] free-range-humans [dot] com.
High-res photos for download
(click each photo for full size version)
Free Range working shots
Photo credits: Phillip Van Nostrand